Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Shout Out!

Just want to say thanks to Life at the Becks for the world map. I thought that was a pretty cool way to see who stops in and looks at your blog! I don't have many people that check me out, so I don't really know why I wanted it. Well I guess like I said, its cool!

The weather around here is really becoming a bother!! It was 50 degrees out today and tomorrow our high is 19!!! What the heck! I just heard thunder if you can believe that!!! The wind sounds like it is going to rip my roof off. Spring showers in January and then we are back to ice and snow within a couple of hours. Why do I live in Michigan again????

Between the crappy weather, scandals with our governments, and about 10% of the homes in my sub foreclosed on, I really cannot say why I still live here. The houses in my sub do sell for pretty close for what we pay in taxes, but the homes that have been foreclosed on are dumps. They have not been remodeled of kept up with so they really look bad and that makes our neighborhood look bad. I only hope that things start to pick up again, if not I will be looking to pick up roots in another state (at least a warm one, not to close to hurricane zones, not on a fault for earthquakes, definitely not one where I have to worry about avalanches or mudslides). That doesn't leave a whole heck of a lot now does it? Somewhere on the east coast is fine with me (North/South Carolina, Georgia, somewhere)!!

1 comment:

Martie said...

If you do, make sure to get a big enough home with a guest room so I can come and visit during the cold months here in Michigan. I've had it too!

Hugs