Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Nasty Flu

I knew it was only a matter of time before my dearly beloved would catch my Flu bug!!! Poor baby! He threw up more than I did......YUCK! This is a nasty thing we caught. There are stages of this for you to look out for:
  • 1st day, Starts with a Back Ache. You think you did something and that is why it is hurting, but no..it is the start of this EVIL Flu!
  • 2nd day, you will get the poopies and you will get a fever. It is not pretty. You will be squirting liquid out your butt cheeks with horrible cramps and you will be freezing cold. Chances are you will throw up today too. If you can stomach it, take TheraFlu (or something like it to ease you body aches, cramps, and fever). SLEEP!!!
  • 3rd day, your body aches so bad and your tummy feels like mini volcanos erupting constantly. The only relief you will get is when you lie down and don't move. I highly recommend TheraFlu again (as often as it tells you to take it). Sleep. If you can stay in bed, DO IT!!! It is the best way to recover from this.
  • 4th day, you will feel better, but you still will not want to eat or really do anything. Your body will still ache, but you should have no more fever, and no more yucky poopies.
  • 5th day, you are pretty much back to your old self. This flu is nasty!!! Be sure to throw away your toothbrush (or boil it for 7 minutes) after all this. Germs can linger there and that can be nasty too!

I really hope that anyone who reads this does not have to go through this. I don't have a clue on how I got it, and now my poor babycakes is sick. Hubby will survive like I did, but the best thing is rest. Get lots of it. It makes the experience better.

Stay healthy and thanks for reading! Hope this helps someone out there!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the descriptive language on the "squirting." DISGUSTING WOMAN!!! ~ Nelly

Martie said...

Sorry you both had this and hoping that I don't get it!

Hope everything returns to normal soon for the two of you.

Hugs

Tracy said...

Nelly, I had to be descriptive so you knew what it was all about.

Martie, Thanks for the well wishes that things return to normal...Normal, What is that?? LOL

Lesley said...

Are you serious? This sounds horrible!
Last night I thought I was coming down with a bug of some sort - just sharp pains in my stomach - I was actually wishing I'd throw up just to eleviate the pain but no luck.
Then I woke up this morning feeling normal again.
I thought I was probably overreacting but my girlfriend came over in the morning and said the exact same thing happened to her.
Is that a coincidence or are we just fighting off a bug or are we on the brink of coming down with something?
Fingers crossed that your husband is on the road to recovery soon!
What's Theraflu? Like a hot drink like NeoCitran or cold medicine?

Smalltown RN said...

I have read reports that in the US people are getting hit really hard by the flu....have heard to many startling statistics for Canada....one thing a lot of people do now days is keep a small bottle of that antispectic soap rinse in their purses or bags....don't use handrails...use a towel when you open the door on public bathrooms, and wipe the bars on shopping carts...this may sound paranoid but you know it really really helps decrease the spread of germs...just a suggestion..hope everyone feels well sooner rather than later...thanks for dropping by my blog....